Its revealed in "The Society of the Blind Eye" that when he was a young man, he was a scientist who worked with the Journal's author (Stanford Pines), to catelog his studies and helpped build his machine, however tortured by what he had seen, he built a special device to erase his memories. He also founded the Blind Eye Society, a secret society to help people like him forget. However his overuse of the machine, drove him insane, leaving him with no memories before 1982. Without him the order fell into a cult, that dogmatically held all memories of the supernatural must be erased reguardless of whether the person in questioned wanted them gone or not.
It is revealed that Bill Cipher's chaotic mind on attempting to destroy universe into tricking both McGucket and Stanford to do his bidding, then the disappearance of Stanford himself of being sucked into the portal where Bill was sealed, was the reason behind McGucket's insanity, turning him into what he is now. Once he fully recovered his memory and Stanford's return, in the same time during a Weirdmageddon event, McGucket quickly forgives Stanford for the failure they had tried to prevent Cipher from entering their world and destroy the universe.
He is voiced by the series' creator Alex Hirsch.
ACTS OF VILLAINY
- Making the Gobblewonker just to get attention.
- Almost risking Mabel, Soos, and Dipper's lives with Gobblewonker.
- Destroyed half the town with an 80 ton 'shame bot' because a friend of his didn't come to his retirement party.
- Making a homicidal pterodactyl because his wife left him.
- Deliberately scaring little children.
- Trying to eat Soos who was in Waddles the pig's body, after he got his body back, he still tried to eat him.
- Building a giant Gideon robot for 'Lil Gideon.
- Made a Memory gun and then it fell into the wrong hands.