Villains who are genuinely polite and sympathetic in spite of being evil. They will frequently both speak and act in an extremely polite and thoughtful manner even to the heroes they face (though some of them may be two-sided about it, and might occasionally provoke or insult them during a fight, though that is a rare sight for them), and their friendly and considerate nature often comes as a surprise to both those heroes and possibly also the viewer.
To be genuinely Affably Evil, the following criteria must be met:
- The affable nature is not an obvious facade that the villain is only maintaining to manipulate others. Affably Evil villains really ARE that nice.
- There is a difference between Affably Evil and Faux Affably Evil. The latter is a villain who sounds polite but would clearly throw you in front of a bus without a second thought. For a villain to be Affably Evil, they must not be that heedless to the lives and well-being of others.
- Affably Evil villains are usually only willing to hurt/kill people who actually get in their way and to everyone else they are a perfectly nice, amiable person; Faux Affably Evil villains do not show that kind of empathy and therefore their sounding polite but not acting it simply highlights their evil more rather than downplay it.
- Affably Evil villains have lines they won't cross. A Faux Affably Evil villain could easily act polite, but still blow up planets or kill children as a lifestyle.
- These types of villains are not pure evil, and will most likely have their limits of how far their evil-doing goes.
Purely Evil villains can NEVER qualify, because these villains are not genuinely polite or sympathetic to anyone. However, a Pure Evil villain can be (and is very often) Faux Affably Evil.
All items (51)
- Sharky and Bones
- Sheriff Blubs and Deputy Durland
- Sheriff of Nottingham
- Smoke (Yin Yang Yo!)