Sykes es el principal antagonista de la película de Disney de 1988, Oliver & Company, un tiempo de espera poco tiempo frente a la pantalla. Que se basa en el villano Sikes de Charles Dickens "Oliver Twist, de los cuales la película es en realidad una reinvención moderna. Sykes Es un jefe criminal de la mafia que la opera desde un almacén junto a los muelles y el dueño de los doberman, Roscoe y DeSoto. Él fue expresado por el difunto Robert Loggia.
Sykes is a big muscular man who is thought to be in his late 40s or early 50s. He is half bald, has grey hair, and as well as this, he wears spectacles. He smokes large cigars and is always seen in a sharp suit to further emphasize his role as an intelligent businessman in command of the situation, and not merely some common thug taking orders from someone else (a rather stark contrast to the character he's based on). Because of his smoking, Sykes speaks with a hoarse voice which makes his character more menacing.
Sykes is one of Disney's most heavy-set villains, shown usually in shadows like most steorotypical villains. He is brutal, shadowy, sarcastic, psychotic, impatient, uncaring, clean-shaven, eerily charming, evil, mean, cruel, and ruthless.
Unusually for Disney, the lifestyle and behavior of a mob boss is not glamorized or made more child-friendly. Beneath his businessman-like exterior, Sykes is clearly a ruthless, brutal murderer - during a scene with Fagin, he is heard clearly on the phone discussing with a supposed underling about their manner of torturing and murdering some unknown victim.
His minions in the movie are his 2 Dobermans: Roscoe and DeSoto which he takes care of a lot; however, in the final chase, he was so determined to get Jenny back, he didn't see that his dogs died and when they did, he didn't seem to care.
Oliver & Company
Sykes ha prestado su dinero a Fagin y lo prometio cuidarlo. años después, enviar a sus dos malvados Dobermans, Roscoe y DeSoto, para decirle a Fagin que suba y se reúna con él. Fagin, por desgracia, no puede pagar el dinero y pide más tiempo. Sykes le dice que tiene tres días para encontrar el dinero o quién sabe qué le sucederá a Fagin, a su casa o sus perros. Luego, toca el claxon para llamar a sus perros, lo que asusta a Fagin; Causando que se caiga del muelle y en el río.
Cuando Fagin se convierte en el nuevo dueño de Oliver es extremadamente rico, Fagin ordena un Sykes que el dólar es un cambio del gato. Los golpes y los golpes de uno de los perros de Fagin, Dodger, pero durante el ataque, Fagin puede tener un plan en voz alta y esta vez y la muestra en Una prueba que convence a Oliver que atrapan los niños para detener el ataque, y Sykes Supone Que es Un exito para secuestrar al dueño del Gato, en El Lugar del Gato, y el dinero a Sykes, Despues de Que Dodger queda Lesionado e inconsciente, Con Las Tumbas invisibles) por el ataque.
Cuando Jenny viene a buscar a Oliver, le muestra un Fagin que todo lo que ha traído consigo es su hucha, con Sykes y sus malvados perros sin saberlo mirando desde lejos en su cadillac. Cuando Sykes ve a Fagin, abandonando el plan, se sube, arrastra una Jenny a su coche y la lleva a guarida un lugar de arrojo a Oliver por la ventana. Sykes le dice un Fagin que mantiene la boca cerrada y que cierra su cuenta. Más tarde, Sykes ata a Jenny a una silla en el centro de su oficina, burlándose de sus perros.
He hears a strange sound and sends Roscoe and DeSoto to |check it out. While watching Jenny, Sykes calls the Foxworth family's butler, Winston and tells him to call Jenny's father. Oliver, Dodger, and the gang follow them to the warehouse, where they find out that Jenny is being held for ransom.
When Tito, Einstein, and Francis manage to distract Sykes by dressing up as a Pizza delivery guy, Sykes is shown loading a handgun, acknowledging that he did not order any pizza. When Sykes walks away to look for his dogs, Oliver, Dodger, and the gang manage to enter his office. Finally, Sykes finds his dogs trapped under a net and frees them. When Sykes with his dogs returns and finds the door locked, he believes it was Jenny's doing and warns her to open the door. Oliver and the gang manage to pull Jenny up into a higher part of the room, with the help of a crane and Tito's electric specialities, before Sykes, Roscoe, and DeSoto burst through the door.
But just when it looks like they're home free, Sykes takes out an emergency fire axe and destroys the crane's controls, thus, causing Oliver and the company to fall and land on a long slide. At the end of the slide, Sykes and his dogs confront them, as the evil mafia boss prepares to signal his dogs to attack. Before he can however, Fagin bursts through the window on his scooter and the gang along with Jenny hop on and drive away as fast as they can. Sykes and his dogs follow them in his car. Fagin goes onto the subway railroad tracks hoping that Sykes can't follow them, but he does. Sykes, driving like a maniac, steps hard on the gas, then pulls the gear stick so hard it breaks off, and he goes at full speed, causing his car's tires to wear away and run on the tracks. He bumps into them, causing Jenny to fall onto the hood of his car. He grabs Jenny by the arm. Oliver jumps on and bites Sykes' hand, but Sykes throws him into the backseat with Roscoe and DeSoto.
Dodger se las arregla para saltar y luchar contra Roscoe mientras Oliver lucha contra DeSoto, haciendo que los dos Doberman caigan sobre las pistas eléctricas y los animales. Sykes no presta atención a lo que sucedió a sus perros y continúa persiguiendo a la pandilla. Él sube por el techo de su auto, agarra la pierna de Jenny e intenta empujarla hacia ella nuevamente. Justo cuando empuja hacia atrás, Dodger y Oliver se abalanza sobre Sykes y lo rechazan, lo que hace que pierda el control sobre Jenny. A pesar de que las cosas se arreglan para tirarlos, Sykes se da vuelta y lo que se dirige directamente a él que su auto choque contra el y muere
don't got the money."
- "Keep your mouth shut. Consider our account closed."
- "FAGIN!!!" (his last words)
- Sykes is clearly seen loading a handgun. So far, this is the first time in Disney history where a modern gun has been loaded.
- Robert (Salvatore) Loggia is famous for playing the role of gangsters and mob bosses, including a gangster named Salvatore (his actual name) "The Shark" Macelli in Innocent Blood.
- Sykes is the last villain until Hades to not sing a song. Percival C. McLeach technically didn't have an original number either, but he was heard singing a parody of "Home on the Range" in one scene and one of "The Crawdad Song" in another.
- Along with his Dobermans, (both electrocuted by some railroad tracks) Sykes' death is one of the more graphic deaths in Disney history.
- Sykes es similar a Percival C. McLeach. Ambos secuestran niños (Sykes, Jenny y McLeach, Cody), ambos les gusta el dinero y ambos armas armas de fuego, sin embargo, Sykes posee armas más modernas, su arma es una pistola y McLeach es una Winchester Modelo 1912.
- Sykes is also similar to Madame Medusa. Both kidnap young girls for greedy reasons, both have pets that look alike (Roscoe and DeSoto for Sykes and Brutus and Nero for Madame Medusa), and both would do anything to get their way.
- Sykes shares similarities to Horned King. Both kidnap heroines, both have pets that is canine (Roscoe and DeSoto for Sykes and Dog for Horned King).
- Sykes' appearance may have been an inspiration for Lyle T. Rourke as both are pot-bellied, tall, and some of their facial expressions are similar. Also, both were animated by Glen Keane, which could also explain the same physical appearances.
- Sykes may have inspired Carface from the animated film All Dogs Go To Heaven as they both have much in common. Both smoke cigars, both kidnap young girls (Sykes, Jenny and Carface, Anne-Marie) and both run a business. However unlike Carface, Sykes didn't fall in love with Jenny and took care of his henchmen, unlike Carface who often abused Killer and tried to kill him at times and unlike Sykes who had two dog henchmen Carface had several. They also speak in hoarse voices although Carface only spoke with a hoarse voice in the first All Dogs Go to Heaven film his first voice actor Vic Tayback died in 1990 so he was replaced by Ernest Borgnine and from then Carface spook with a more softer voice.
- Although he is the film's main villain, his role is small.